Not Getting Conversions? Try These 5 Copywriting Techniques.
The quality and value of your products, and your online marketing strategy will draw people in to browse your website. But what can you do to keep visitors engaged and encourage them to do business with you? The key element that turns readers into customers is the content on your website.
Below are 4 techniques you can use to persuade customers to do business with you. All you need to do is capitalize on selling power of your written words!
1. Let Customers Know They're in the Right Place
Visitors who come to your website have most likely found you through Google, an advertisement, an article, or word of mouth. This means they've probably sought out your business, because they need your products or services! Make sure you use this to your advantage. Visitors quickly leave websites if they decide you don't have what they need.
Succinctly explain to customers who you are and what you do. It should be obvious to anyone who lands on your website what your company does. Use captivating and clear headlines and images, strategic positioning, and concise tabs and navigation to achieve this.
2. Make Sure Your Copy Resonates With Your Customers
The next thing visitors want to know is a solution to their problem. Give them the answers they seek up front! Remember, when people search for a product or service, all they want to know is: What's in it for me?
Focus your content around what you can do to help customers. Don't make the mistake of jumping right into talking about yourself. Leave the extended company description for your "about" section and utilize the space on your homepage for relatable information that explains why customers should choose your business.
3. Give Customers a Reason to Trust You
Did you know readers give a website a mere 10 seconds before they decide whether or not it can help them? In that short timeframe, you need to demonstrate why they will want to do business with you. Here are some ideas on how to achieve this:
- Establish a Point of Difference: What makes your business unique? How are you different from competitors? Saying you're great at customer service isn't enough (Everyone else says that too!) So dig deep into why your clients rave about you. Make your points stand out with short text, bullet points, or images, rather than long-winded paragraphs.
- Show Your Credibility: Testimonials, before and after shots, or guarantees help visitors get over common fears they have when making a purchase. Give customers a reason to trust you. Show off your credibility and wear it with honour!
- Be Relatable: Provide stories or pictures about the people or businesses you have worked with in the past. Case studies or a display of client logos are two simple ways to achieve this.
- Provide Incentives: Offer free reports, event invitations, special deals, and more. Be creative! Everyone has become accustomed to sales blaring that you can save such and such percent. Offer something unique that will make you stand out!
4. Create a Desire For Your Product or Service
Desire and action are the most important elements of conversion. Create desire by explaining how your product and service will change your customers' lives. Answer questions like:
- What benefits will they enjoy?
- Will they save time?
- Will they make more money?
- Will they have peace of mind?
- Tempt them by making them really your product or service! The goal is make it difficult to resist purchasing!
5. Tell Customers What They Can Do Next
Once you've created a need for your business, the last and most important step in conversion is getting the reader to take action. Have calls to action that are specific and straightforward. Make it obvious what customers should do next. Here are a few good calls to action to consider:
- Signing up
- Reserving your spot
- Calling you (make sure to include a phone number!)
- Make a booking
- Add to a shopping cart
Offer these phrases in your text, as well as with strategically placed images and buttons throughout your site.
Applying these techniques will help draw in potential customers, answer their questions, gain their attention, interest, desire, and ultimately lead them to take action!
For more advice on how to utilize the content of your website to increase conversions, call your local Bloomtools Consultant.
|Tags: Content Marketing Blogging Website Performance Website|